Thursday, January 31, 2008
Stone Brooke Crossing has a Women's Bunco Group that is always looking for players. We meet the first TUESDAY of the month and alternate homes. We play for MONEY! The cost is $5 to participate and you could walk away with up to $60. We currently have 12 women playing and hope to get it up to 16. If there is a lot of interest a SECOND group can start up. What better way to get to know other FAMILIES in the neighborhood?
If you are interested in PARTICIPATING please email myself or Kim. We'd love to see some new faces!
Next GAME: Tueday, February 5th at 5416 Pebble Ct, start time is 8:00 p.m..
Look forward to SEEING you there!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
What happens if you are selling your Stone Brooke Crossing home, and you just don't know if you need to update your curtains? Your kitchen? Your furniture? Your paint? Maybe it's been a while since you've decorated your home and you are not sure if your style is still relevant.
In our subdivision there are a few, what I call, "builder specials" that I see in quite a few homes. These are things like the brass light fixtures, brass door fixtures, wallpaper, vinyl flooring and laminate countertops. When these homes were built this was the standard. Today's buyers have different tastes.
We came up with a good idea that proves to be an easy and quick test if you are wondering whether or not you need to update your home. If Mr or Mrs Seller isn't sure about the state of their home's decor, we kindly refer them to a Pottery Barn Catalog. I would say, if you don't find that style of _________ (window treatments, furniture, etc) or color palette in the catalog, then there's a good chance it would not appeal to today's buyer. If you don't have a Pottery Barn Catalog, then just go to your nearest Model Home. They've got it down to a science!
Of course we know that buyer's tastes come in all shapes, sizes and colors. But what we are trying to do is have the home appeal to as many buyers as possible. Buyers want what is popular NOW. With the large amount of inventory that is available, if you aren't willing to update the home, then the seller down the street is.
Here's the imporant question: What house do you think will sell first? The one that the buyers will have to spend their money and a weekend painting or installing new light fixtures? Or the one that is move-in ready that they can impress their friends with?
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Here's a list of some specific action items that you can do to attract the most buyers to your home. Think of it as, "Updating to Sell Your DFW Home For Dummies". Why just DFW? I've been to a LOT of Model Homes in the DFW Metroplex. A LOT! These specific updates are found in every model home I've seen. Perhaps this list can pertain to many other markets as well...but you can bet buyers in DFW want to see these things:
1. REMOVE YOUR WALLPAPER! ALL Wallpaper is dated.
2. NEUTRAL PAINT - USE WARM BEIGE COLORS! Choose warm cozy colors over white. Have a painting party and GET IT DONE!
3. REPLACE CARPET - CHOOSE "FRIEZE" CARPET OVER PLUSH. It's not much more expensive, but make a big impression on buyers! Ahhh...new carpet smell!
4. GRANITE COUNTERTOPS IN THE KITCHEN. Always a showstopper! This option is pricy for entry-level markets, but a must for $300K+
5. REPLACE BRASS FIXTURES - LIGHT, PLUMBING- WITH "OIL-RUBBED BRONZE" OR SATIN NICKEL. That's right, take down those "Hollywood light" strips in the bathrooms!
6. IF REMOVING WALLPAPER, SKIP TROWEL THE WALLS FOR AN UPDATED TEXTURE. So inexpensive, yet so chic! Your friendly Home Depot or Lowes representative will be happy to teach you how!
Don't believe me? Visit any model home and take notes of what colors, fixtures, styles are popular. These are the most neutral, popular choices for buyers today. Or, better yet, open a Pottery Barn catalog...try to imitate the styles there with furniture you have.
Other tips for SERIOUS Sellers:
1. Get a PRE-LISTING INSPECTION! Think of it as selling your home as a "certified pre-owned" home. You'll ease buyers fears and not have any surprises yourself when the buyers get the home inspected! Complete any needed repairs before going live on the market.
2. Invest in a few hours with A PROFESSIONAL HOME STAGER! Their job is to use what you have to help your home show at it's absolute BEST! There are TONS of great ones here in the metroplex! Let me refer you to one!
3. Don't have the time to do a great cleaning of your home each week? Then HIRING A HOUSEKEEPER to come frequently while your house is on the market could be money very well spent! Selling a house can be stressful enough. Hiring an extra pair of hands can be a lifesiver to those of you with full time jobs, kids or just a very busy household! And, with it looking so sparkly clean, it could very well mean LESS time spent on the market.
Are you looking to sell your home? Do you need a Collin County Realtor? Contact the Barron-Daugherty Team at RE/MAX Four Corners for exceptional service - before, during and AFTER the transaction!
"Real Family. Real Estate."
Saturday, January 19, 2008
- 33 Homes sold between 1/1/07-12/31/07. Approximately 8.25% of all homes in SBC.
- Homes ranged in size from 1401 - 3300 square feet.
- Minimum Days on Market (DOM) = 2; Maximum DOM = 185
- Average DOM = 59
- Minimum Sales Price = $132,000; Maximum Sales Price = $223,000
- Average Sales Price = $185,347
- Average Price per Square Foot = $79.39
As of 12/31/2007:
- 8 active homes for sale
- 1 home pending
These statistics do not represent private sales or For Sale By Owners (FSBO).
Do you want to sell your SBC home? Contact the Barron-Daugherty Team at RE/MAX Four Corners for a no-pressure, no-obligation Competitve Market Analysis of your home.
We're not just REALTORS, we're also your neighbors!